Shoe Review: New Balance Fresh Foam Zante Pursuit



 The New Balance Fresh Foam Zante Pursuit is a light and cushioned neutral trainer great for long runs, races and everything in between. This shoes felt really comfortable, even after 400+ in them on the track, roads, and even some in some slight trails.


Specs:
  • Neutral, Road
  • 7.4oz for a size 9 | Men's 
  • Stack Height: 24mm(Heel), 18mm(Forefoot)
  • Knit Upper

What I loved most about the Zante Pursuit was how light it was. Every time I'm finding a new running shoe, lightness is one of the most important factors. As I'm a high school athlete, I need a running shoe that incorporates both into my daily training runs, and some fast workouts out on the track. The Zante Pursuit was able to hit both of those spots well, being extremely light, and also cushioned. Unlike the Escalante, I liked how the outsole was one piece. The Escalante had only spots covering the midsole, and so it could wear out easily. The outsole also started to fall apart. The Zante Pursuit however had a one piece outsole which didn't peel off. The heel part started to wear out eventually after 400+ miles, but it held up really good.

The only down side was the insole of the shoe. If your'e getting the Zante Pursuit, try not to run in the rain. The insole starts to stick to you feet, and slips out easily when wet, making it an uncomfortable time. I had to stop midway through my 200m strides in the rain once as the insole would just pop out before I could even finish 200 meters.

Overall, I think that the Zante Pursuit was a really well rounded shoe. At $109, I believe it is really worth spending, if your'e in need of a training and racing shoe combined. These shoes will help you out when you need that cushion during recovery days, or when your'e looking for some speed in a tempo.

Comments

Popular Posts