Shoe Review: Adidas Adizero Boston 8


Lightweight and protective, the Adidas Adizero Boston 8 offers a balance of softness and firmness, with the combination of the Boost midsole, and low to the ground feel. Coming in at $120, this shoe is perfect for runners who want a light and durable shoe that can handle long runs and tempos alike.

Technical Specs:

Price: $120
Weight: 8.2 oz (M 9)
Heel to Toe Drop: 10mm (26mm Heel, 16mm Forefoot)
Best for: Road running
Shoe type: Neutral, Lightweight

Construction:

The Boston 8 possesses a new knit mesh upper, with a heel and midfoot lockdown for a secure fit. The shoe's Torsion System has also been updated to be extended throughout the shoe, offering high degrees of support and stability. The Continental Rubber outsole provides superior traction and durability, and a more smoother and flexible ride.




Bottom Line:

While the Boston 8 felt very firm on my first run (felt like running in a dress shoe), the Boost midsole provided just enough softness to accompany me on those longer runs. The lightness of the shoe also didn't make me feel sluggish during runs. Unlike the other shoes I had ran in, I was very impressed by how durable the rubber outsole was. There was barely any wear on some parts of the shoe, and only a small portion of the forefoot started to have spots of wear and tear after about 440 miles in the shoe. The only element I disliked about the Boston 8 was that I had to constantly stop on my runs to tie the shoe. The shoelaces came off very easily, even if I tried to tie it tight.




Comments

Popular Posts